Cummins BSVI SCR Makes Life Simple
Global expertise and proven technology
Reliable solutions for tension-free operations
- Cummins is renowned for its reliable and durable engines with over 2 crores of its legendary engines powering the transportation industry globally today.
- Decades of experience in development of innovative technologies, tested over crores of kilometers in India and across the world.
- Successful implementation of EURO VI and equivalent norms globally.
- Cummins BS IV SCR engine solutions with proven technology have been operating on Indian roads successfully in a wide range of on-highway applications.
- With its extensive global and local experience, Cummins is ready with its BS VI SCR engines for Indian customers.
- Our BSVI engine and integrated after-treatment system, has next-generation fuel systems and electronic controls, offering similar robustness and reliability as that of the proven Cummins platform.
Easy to use SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction)
Integrated design, simpler architecture, easy to monitor.
- SCR systems have a simpler architecture in comparison to EGR systems.
- With regard to Cummins SCR technology, the current transition from BSIV to BSVI is simpler since there are no major components or process changes involved.
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) is an advanced active emissions control technology system that injects a an automotive-grade urea solution through a special catalyst into the exhaust stream of a diesel engine.
- This solution is known as Aqueous Urea Solution (AUS). The AUS sets off a chemical reaction that converts nitrogen oxides into nitrogen, water and tiny amount of carbon dioxide (CO2), natural components of the air we breathe, which is then expelled through the vehicle tailpipe.
- Cummins SCR systems have been combined with a diesel particulate filter to achieve even greater emission reductions by way of particulate matter for diesel engines.
- Cummins SCR can reduce NOx emissions up to 99 percent while simultaneously reducing HC and CO emissions by 50-90 percent, and PM emissions by 30-50 percent.
Connected Diagnostics & Telematics
Prevent unexpected downtime to make life easier
- Remote monitoring system with self-service notifications for Customer - reports engine faults and the most likely root cause(s)
- Detection of mission critical performance of the engine translating to reduced Field Failures and identifying issues significantly sooner
- High frequency data logging coupled with Cummins Advanced Analytics capabilities would enable prognostics capability for engine vehicle over time
The Cummins BSVI SCR Engine Makes You Successful
The most cost-effective and fuel-efficient technology
Better fuel economy, more profitability, lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- BS VI SCR electronic engines offer better performance & higher peak torque range as compared to mechanical engines. This results in better fuel efficiency due to lesser gear shifts, as well as better drivability.
- It offers new advanced electronic features like FE (Fuel Efficiency) switch, LBSC (load-based speed control), VAM (vehicle acceleration management), duty cycle calibration tuning et al which further improves the fuel economy.
- With its customer-first approach, Cummins’ BS VI Engines offer features like the Cummins Intebrake a unique compression braking technology that offers better safety to the vehicle and increases service brake life, reducing costs.
- It features advanced filtration technology which helps extend service intervals and addresses inferior fuel quality issues.
- The SCR engine with its advanced fuel systems and improved combustion technology delivers best-in-class fuel economy.
- Combined with Aqueous Urea Solution (AUS), Cummins SCR offers better fluid economy.
Connected Diagnostics uses advanced telematics to wirelessly connect your engine to Cummins for remote diagnosis of engine system and provides you with valuable information at your fingertips.
- Remote sensing and diagnostics of your engine
- Critical for complex parameters monitoring & performance deterioration tracking
- Enables over the air calibration updates
- Better fleet control & optimal resource utilization through near real time tracking
Components Care Centers
Responsive servicing for maximum uptime and higher productivity
- Cummins has set up dedicated Components Care Centers (CCC) Equipped with world-class laboratories, dedicated workstations with latest technologies and technicians on site.
- These Centers will cater to all components service requirements for BSIV and BSVI emission norms and are a first of their kind in India.
- With new emissions standards and increasing complexities in BS VI electronic engines, aftertreatment systems, fuel systems, on-board diagnostic (OBD) requirements and engine brakes, Cummins ensures best-in-class after-sales service through:
- Well-equipped technicians to provide prompt solutions to any service request using the latest support technologies.
- Experts with advanced technical training.
- Support for latest technologies.
- Unmatched network of aftermarket support.
- Unparalleled service quality across the country.
Cummins Training Outreach Program
Ensuring quick maintenance capability countrywide
- Cummins is ensuring that all OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) authorized service stations are fully trained and equipped for supporting Cummins BSVI engines.
- Our 8 BSVI training vans travel across India to provide technical training to OEM dealerships, body builders & drivers at their door step.
- These vans enable hands-on training is being given using actual product, cut sections and simulators thus by eliminating time-consuming travel to Centralized Training centers.
- Effective and faster way of creating awareness about the product and its capabilities, as well as maintenance and usage guidelines.
- Cummins BSVI training facilitates optimum usage of product and reduces user induced issues and warrantable failures.