ADEPT™ is a suite of advanced electronic features for the ISX15 engine that interact with automated manual transmissions, dynamically adapting to operating conditions to help even novice drivers operate as efficiently as your most seasoned and efficient professional.
The functionality of ADEPT is now integrated into Guidanz - please visit the Guidanz page to see if that tool is right for you.
ADEPT enhances fuel economy with no impact to productivity, harnessing the electronic capabilities of the engine and transmission to make powertrain control decisions in real time.
The Route Parameter Manager module uses GPS and a set of onboard maps to preview the road ahead so it can adjust engine and transmission settings to improve the fuel economy of your truck. Learn more about how Cummins ADEPT can help improve your driving efficiency.
Issues and Solutions
To diagnose, repair and update the Route Parameter Manager in your Cummins ADEPT™ equipped truck, you will need to download Cummins Guidanz™ for your Android or Apple device.
Downloading the Map Files
- Get a USB thumb drive. Make sure there are no other files, and especially no previous map files or folders on the drive.
- Download the latest map file, unzip it, and move the eHorizon_Map folder to the USB thumb drive.
- Make sure you place the "eHorizon_Map" folder in the lowest level (root directory) of the thumb drive. Do not put it inside any subfolders or the module will not be able to find the files.
Version Number: 3692961.01
Release Date: September 15, 2016
Description: North America ADAS 2015
Installing the Map Files
Once maps are on the USB thumb drive, plug it into the end of the USB cable attached to the Route Parameter Manager module. *If the cable is missing or damaged, a replacement one can be ordered as Cummins Part #5394154 from your authorized dealer or distributor. Attach your INLINE data link adapter, launch Guidanz and connect to the Route Parameter Manager module. Several functions are available, but select the Update RPM Maps function and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you cannot connect to the Route Parameter Manager, there may be a bus configuration issue. Some engine configurations require that Cummins Parameter Manager hardware be installed in order to access the module for service. Please refer to TSB150099 for the complete product list and compatibility charts.
If you have issues getting the Route Parameter Manager module to read the map files, or recognize the thumb drive, make sure that:
- The USB thumb drive is formatted in FAT32 (this should be the normal format for Windows).
- The USB thumb drive has a capacity between 2 and 4 GB (larger drives cannot be read by the module).