Cummins ensures more uptime in your fleet while keeping maintenance costs low. As the only fuel systems organization built from the expertise of a global engine supplier, Cummins offers a range of varying systems to suit the needs of your vehicle or fleets.
Mid-Range XPI Fuel System
Bringing heavy duty fuel system technology to mid-range engines, this fuel system package ensures that the pump and injectors work perfectly in unison. Offered in both oil or fuel lubricated packages, the system provides industry-leading injection pressure and, as a tailored system, delivers optimal engine performance and improved fuel economy to mid-range engines.
The systems can benefit from a high capacity, single cylinder pump capable of hitting horsepower needs while minimizing the space requirement and total cost of ownership. In addition, the Cummins Control Module monitors and adjusts fuel injector & pump parameters to ensure consistent fuel injection performance through the life of the engine. The industry leading design of the injectors ensures overall engine fuel economy improvement for the vehicle.
Oil Lubricated Technology
The oil lubricated, modular design is available for engines 5L-12L offering maximum robustness to fuel.
The optimal design allows for low oil to fuel transfer, maximizing particulate filter life for durability improvement through reduction in injector damage from high pressure and hot fuel leakage.
Fuel Lubricated Technology
The fuel lubricated, modular design, for engines 5L-12L, allows for a highly fuel efficient, compact pump, adaptable to a wide variety of engines while achieving the world’s highest fuel emission standards.
As well as space-claim reductions which enable more flexibility, there is also minimal leakage and no oil-to-fuel transfer pressure leading to reduced injector damage from high pressure and hot fuel leakage.
Heavy Duty XPI Fuel System
The Cummins HD XPI System is a common rail system that provides the highest injection pressure of any other common rail system. Primarily targeted for mid-range and heavy-duty applications, the XPI system is the result of Cummins market leading technology. The XPI provides industry-leading injection pressure and, as a tailored system, delivers optimal engine performance and improved fuel economy to mid-range applications.
Common Rail Benefits:
- Industry-leading injection pressure with large pressurized fuel volume in injector for improved multiple injection capability and optimal combustion & fuel economy
- Low leakage injector and pump architectures for minimized backflow of heated fuel - for improved fuel economy and maximum fuel system durability
- Oil lubricated fuel pump and pressure-assisted injector actuator design for added resistance to damage from fuel-borne debris and Increased robustness to fuel properties
- Pump available in two- and three-cylinder models with multiple configurations allowing for application and installation flexibility
- Maximum of 2600 bar pressure rating
Common Rail Fuel Injectors
Cummins offers fuel injectors ranging in capability from 1600 to 2600 bar.
- The pressure-assisted design is more resistant to damage from fuel-borne debris than a pressure-balanced system. To avoid a backflow of heated fuel and requiring a fuel-cooling system, Cummins fuel injectors have pressurized spring cavities which ensures minimal to no leakage and eliminates the need for additional cooling and improves overall fuel economy.
- Cummins offer a system complete with leakless injectors, enabling a robust and durable product.
- Injectors tailored to match duty cycles and provide industry leading fuel economy, delivering and delivers up to 5% efficiency improvements over our competitors.
- Leakless injectors contribute to more than 25% reduction in fuel system parasitic power consumption over typical mid-range injectors for overall engine fuel economy improvement.
|Common Rail Fuel Injectors (CRFI)|
|Platform Name||CRFI 2||CRFI 3||CRFI 4||CRFI 5||CRFI 8V|
|Max Operating Pressure (bar)||1600||1800||2200||2600||2200|
|Max Number of Injection Pulses||6||6||6||5||5|
|Adaptive Injector Characteristic (AIC) Compatible||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Common Rail Fuel Pumps|
|Platform Name||FLP 1||OLP 1||OLP 2||OLP 3|
|Number of Cylinders||2||1||2||2|
|Swept Capacity (CC/rev)||1.2||1.8||3.6||2.4|
|Max Rail Pressure (bar)||2000||1800||2200||2600|
|Max Speed (pRPM)||4500||1500||1500||2100|
|Fuel Feed Type||Mech Gear||Mech Gear||Mech Gear||Mech Gear|
|Engine Applications||MD / HD||MD / HD||MD / HD||MD / HD|