RoadRelay is a discontinued product from Cummins.
RoadRelay provided operators with the following information and features:
Engine operating parameters
For customers looking for similar features on today's trucks, please work with the OEM of your choice and ask about their telematics and display information. Most OEM integrated displays provide public J1939 data, but for more in-depth Cummins information, please consult with the your Cummins sales and service representative or OEM Dealer of your choice.
File Name: Calibration_Tool_1.zip (Size: 7.9 MB) DOWNLOAD
- Unzip the executable file using zip/unzip software.
- Click on the Windows Start menu and click Run.
- Click on the Browse button and locate the file you have downloaded.
- Click the OK button to run the RoadRelay 4 Calibration Tool utility executable program.
- Follow the instructions on the RoadRelay 4 download page to download the latest software calibration into your RoadRelay 4.
This software is not available on mobile. To download for your office or home computer, please return to this page from that device.
Questions and Answers
Unless you have purchased an extended warranty coverage package, the standard warranty period for the RoadRelay is 90 days from the date of purchase.
As long as the diesel engine you have is electronically-controlled and its Electronic Control Module (ECM) broadcasts data over the public J1708/J1587 or J1939 data link, RoadRelay will work with it.
Before requesting support, please experiment a bit to reproduce and isolate the problem. When you do contact support, please be ready to provide the following information:
- Make and model of the vehicle in which your Roadrelay 4 is installed
- Engine type (for example, 2001 Cummins ISX)
- Software version of your RoadRelay
- Any electronic subsystems on your vehicle (for example, ABS)
If you believe that your RoadRelay was properly installed and you were unable to resolve a problem by reading the Frequently Asked Questions and manuals, you may call the Cummins Information Products Help Desk at 1-800-CUMMINS.
The RoadRelay is probably not getting power. Check that the key is in the "On" position, the fuses are in circuit and intact, and the wiring is consistent with what is specified in the installation manual. Verify with a voltmeter that power is being applied from the 6-pin vehicle connector pins to the RoadRelay 4. Press the "Up" arrow several times to brighten the display.
It sounds like you may have wired unswitched battery power to the switched power input of the RoadRelay. Check the wiring to ensure it is consistent with what is specified in the instruction manual.