Home Standby Generators
How to buy your home generator online
If you prefer to arrange your home generator installation yourself through a trusted electrical contractor, you can purchase a Cummins home generator from reliable online retailers.
Order your home generator online
Step 1: Determine your home generator power needs
You can use our online home generator sizing calculator to estimate your needs, or consult with a qualified electrical contractor.
Step 2: Shop for your home generator online
Have you determined your backup power needs, preferred fuel type, and scouted a location for installation? You may be ready to shop online.
These retailers offer Cummins Home Generators online:
- Colorado Standby
- AP Electric & Generators
- Norwall Powersystems
- Power Equipment Direct
- Buckeye Power Systems
- Factory Pure
- Rocky Mountain Generator Supply
- Prime Suppliers
Step 3: Installation
Your generator will be shipped to you for proper installation. Generators must be installed by a qualified professional.
Typical home generator installation steps
- Your installer will place an automatic transfer switch, a device that connects your home's electrical system to incoming power and can automatically change sources when needed.
- Your new generator is installed outside your home in the location determined by you and your qualified installer.
- The generator is connected to the transfer switch according to code.
- Your existing fuel source (natural gas or propane lines) are connected to the generator.
- Your Cummins home standby generator stands ready to keep your home powered in the event of an outage.
The above describes a typical installation; however, every situation is unique.
The most important thing to remember is safety. Installing a standby generator requires a qualified professional and compliance to various codes (national, state and local).