RV Power Management at Your Fingertips
To learn more about power management, also read our guide RV Generator Load Management Basics.
Energy Command 30
Factory installed by RV manufacturers in new models, the Cummins Onan Energy Command panel will help RV owners with energy management, provide service information and contain enhanced safety functions as well as many additional features.
"Energy Command highlights the Cummins Onan commitment to integrated system controls for RVers to manage their coach power systems," said Ed Pickens, Cummins Onan mobile power systems manager. "This philosophy of customer focused integration will be characteristic of all new Cummins Onan products going forward."
Energy Command 30 automatically monitors batteries and RV generators and also includes automatic generator starting functions and special safety features. Energy Command is compatible with Cummins Onan RV generators and any type of battery, and is designed to be easily installed by RV manufacturers at a relatively low cost.
- Download a printable Energy Command 30 Operation and Installation Manual
- Automatic generator turn on to meet air conditioning demands for up to four units
- Regularly monitors and displays battery levels and provides power to the inverter to charge batteries
- Unique "look-ahead" feature tops off battery prior to "quiet time"
- Easily program your own "quiet time" hours and battery charging preferences
- Automatically starts/stops generator on low/full batteries
- Displays generator hour meter, maintenance reminders and diagnostic text messages for easy troubleshooting
- Safety start inhibits automatic generator starting in unsafe conditions
Can Energy Command 30 be added to an existing RV?
Energy Command 30 (EC-30) is a very affordable option if you're purchasing a new RV, but it gets more expensive if you wish to add it to your existing vehicle. Connecting all the features of the EC-30 requires running wires from the air conditioner, transfer switch, house batteries, chassis batteries, safety input and generator back to the location of the control. Depending on the specific design of your RV and which features you wish to connect, it will take a technician 8 full hours to properly install an EC-30. If you're looking to purchase an EC-30 for your existing RV, have the dealer quote on installation as well so you know the full cost of adding this feature. Cummins Onan engineers do not recommend RV owners to attempt to install the EC-30 on their own as it requires knowledge of electrical codes to safely and correctly install all the wires.
Which models of generators work with Energy Command?
Energy Command is compatible with Cummins Onan RV Generators, except the Onan QD 3200.