Cummins' next generation environmental sustainability strategy looks out to 2050, setting quantifiable goals for 2030 along with visionary longer-term aspirations to 2050. The audacious and exciting strategy affects Cummins and our stakeholders positively. The strategy includes:
- Reducing greenhouse gas and air emissions in line with experts’ recommendations
- Using natural resources in the most sustainable way possible
- Helping communities address their major environmental challenges
We will continue to evaluate additional actions throughout the coming decade.
Cummins PLANET 2050 Targets:
Communities are better because we are there
- Net positive impact in every community where we operate
- Near zero local environmental footprint
Doing our part to address climate change and air emissions
- Customer success powered by carbon neutral technologies that address air quality
- Carbon neutrality and near zero pollution in Cummins' facilities and operations
Using natural resources in the most sustainable way
- Nothing wasted
- Design out waste in products and processes
- Use materials again for next life
- Reuse water and return clean to the community
By 2030, we will:
- Reduce absolute greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from facilities and operations by 50%.
- Reduce scope 3 absolute lifetime GHG emissions from newly sold products by 25%.
- Partner with customers to reduce scope 3 GHG emissions from products in the field by 55 million metric tons.
- Reduce volatile organic compounds emissions from paint and coating operations by 50%.
- Create a circular lifecycle plan for every part to use less, use better, use again.
- Generate 25% less waste in facilities and operations as percent of revenue.
- Reuse or responsibly recycle 100% of packaging plastics and eliminate single-use plastics in dining facilities, employee amenities and events.
- Reduce absolute water consumption in facilities and operations by 30%.