Here are some tips to help you maintain your fuel’s cleanliness and quality while being stored and transferred:
- Use only hoses and piping that are specifically designed to be used with diesel fuel
- Check the fuel pumps that enable the movement of the fuel for damage, as they are an easy gateway for particles to enter the fuel
- Routinely ensure that the nozzle that enters the fuel tank of the equipment seals and is properly maintained and cleaned
- Perform preventative maintenance on all transfer equipment
- Routinely inspect and replace any and all worn or aged parts including caps, seals, gaskets and filters
- Purchase the correct fuel for the environment that it will be stored in and store according to the environment
- Completely empty and clean the tanks periodically(Your fuel supplier could help to determine the right schedule)
- On your equipment, follow OEM guidelines for service and maintenance intervals on the fuel tank and filter.
- It is imperative to follow the Cummins fuel filter maintenance intervals and to buy genuine Cummins filters through your local Cummins distributor
For more information, contact your local Cummins Distributor.