6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel (2019) for Chassis Cab
In 2019, RAM 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cab models equipped with a Aisin automatic, see an increase in horsepower and torque to 360 hp and 800 lb-ft.
In addition to moving to a higher capability high pressure pump, several critical features were included to maintain the proven reliability and durability our customers have come to expect:
- A Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) material for the block allows us to increase the cylinder pressure capability while reducing the overall weight by almost 60 lbs
- A new cast-iron cylinder head containing high-temperature capable exhaust valves actuated by all-new hydraulic lash adjusters in the block eliminates the need for valve train adjustment service intervals
- The heart of the engine is a higher-strength alloy crankshaft with a 10-bolt crank flange driving newly-designed forged connecting rods and new bearings which transfer power from the low-friction ring-wrapped pistons
- A new larger Cummins Holset variable-geometry turbocharger optimized with heavy duty bearings, and a new compressor-side housing is a key ingredient in the new ratings, pumping 33 pounds per square inch (psi) of fresh air into the engine
- The new fuel-delivery system includes a new 29,000 psi (2,000 bar) fuel pump and fuel rail with Cummins Filtration “filter in filter” NanoNet® technology