Cummins in India - Timeline
- Erstwhile Cummins Engine Company Inc. (CECO), U.S.A and Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited (KOEL) established a joint venture with 50% ownership by CECO, 25.50% by KOEL and 24.50% floated on the Bombay Stock Exchange
- Formed a 50:50 joint venture named Fleetguard Filters Pvt. Ltd. between Cummins Filtration Inc. and Perfect Sealing Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Formed a 51:49 joint venture between Newage (now Cummins Generator Technologies) and Crompton Greaves to design and manufacture alternators for generators
- Cummins Diesel India Foundation collaborates with Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS) to set up the first all women engineering college in India. The College is named Cummins College of Engineering for Women (CCEW).
- Formed Tata Cummins as a 50:50 joint venture between Cummins Engine Company Inc. and Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO) to serve the medium and heavy commercial vehicle market.
- Tata Group and Holset (now Cummins Turbo Technologies) form Tata Holset, a 50:50 joint venture to design and manufacture turbochargers
- Cummins Inc. increases its stake in Kirloskar Cummins to 51%, Kirloskar Oil Engines largely divests its stake and Cummins India Ltd. is incorporated with the other 49% ownership floated on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Valvoline Cummins, a 50:50 joint venture between Ashland Inc. and Cummins India Limited is formed to manufacture lubricants
- Cummins Research and Technologies Incorporated is formed as a 50:50 joint venture between Cummins Inc. and Cummins India Ltd. to provide Analysis Led Design engineering services to all of Cummins globally
- Cummins Megasite is inaugurated. Three plants become operational - the second plant of Tata Cummins Limited, High Horsepower Rebuild Center and ReCon India. The fourth plant on the Megasite, India Parts Distribution Center becomes operational later in the year.
- India’s consolidated and unconsolidated sales cross the $2B mark.
- Cummins SVAM Sales and Service Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture dealership between Cummins India Ltd. and SVAM is incorporated.
- Cummins India Office Campus, the first integrated ten acre office campus is inaugurated to accommodate office employees across all the group entities in India.
- Eighth project at the Megasite and the third facility of Tata Cummins Ltd., commences operations.
- Inaugurated Cummins Technical Center India (CTCI)
- Established Power Systems Plant at Pirangut