About the Scholarship Program
In 2006, Cummins India Foundation (CIF) initiated the ‘Cummins Scholarship Program; Nurturing Brilliance’ for meritorious students from financially and socially disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue professional degree and diploma (in Engineering) courses. Till date, the program has provided scholarships to 1739 students. Cummins also entrusts these scholars to its senior employees, who as mentors provide guidance to selected students through the entire duration of the course. Additionally, CIF facilitates improving of students’ Softskills by providing them with e-learning Softskills module.
Who Can Apply?
- Students meeting below criterions can only apply for the Scholarship:
- Students currently pursuing professional degree/diploma in Engineering at an educational institute recognized by the University Grants Commission / Central / State Government OR who have attained a minimum of 60% marks in their senior secondary exam or higher secondary exam and have been admitted for further studies in the above specified courses.
- Students elevating to 1st, 2nd & 3rd year of Engineering (Degree) OR 1st, 2nd year of Diploma can also apply. However, candidates must have scored minimum 60% in all their previous examinations.
- Age of candidates should not exceed 25 years.
- Preference will be given to 1st / 2nd year degree and diploma students.
- Students appearing for the last year of Engineering degree / diploma and the post graduate students are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- The total family income of the students, from all sources, should not exceed ₹. 3 Lacs (Three lakhs) per annum.
- This scholarship program can be availed by students currently studying in and around Ahmednagar, Indore (Pithampur & Dewas), Jamshedpur, Phaltan & Pune, ONLY.
- Cummins Scholarship is not available if anybody from applicant’s family has availed the scholarship.
How to Apply?
- Online application forms are available when students click on Apply Now link. Incomplete online application forms shall not be considered.
- Applicants need to enter correct and authentic data into the application. The data will be verified, and if found incorrect / not authentic such candidature will not be considered, and the scholarship will be withdrawn.
For any clarifications, please write to us at [email protected].
Selection Process and Timeline
The candidates will be called for an aptitude test after scrutinizing the application forms. The candidates clearing aptitude, tests will be called for personal interviews. Shortlisted candidates for personal interviews, will be requested to email supporting documents which will be scrutinized before students appearing for the personal interviews. The final list of selected candidates will be announced soon after the personal interviews.
Please note, Cummins' decision about selection or rejection of any candidates under this Scholarship Program will be final and binding on the Candidates. Selected candidates will be updated about the results of the selection process, hence please be accessible on e-mail and SMS once you apply. Do not be on do not disturb (DND) mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can candidates studying outside Pune, Phaltan, Indore (Dewas, Pithampur), Jamshedpur, Ahmednagar) apply for this Scholarship?
Candidates studying in these locations can only apply for this scholarship.
Which expenses are covered under the Scholarship?
The admission and tuition fees payable to the Educational Institution are covered under the Scholarship. Further, the expenses borne by the students towards purchasing stationery up to ₹ 1,500/- per semester or ₹ 3,000/- per year are reimbursed.
Which expenses are not covered under the scholarship?
Below mentioned expenses are not covered under the Scholarship:
Private tuition fees, expenses for accommodation like Hostel, mess, transport, bus expenses etc, Canteen or cafeteria charges and/ or, Deposits whether refundable/ non-refundable or caution money demanded by the Educational Institution etc.
What is the duration of the Scholarship?
The student is eligible to receive Scholarship amount till the completion of his / her academic course for which he/ she is selected under the scholarship program provided that he / she secures an aggregate of minimum 60% in each academic year.
Does the beneficiary need to repay the Scholarship amount or execute a bond with the Foundation?
The Beneficiary does not need to repay the Scholarship amount or execute a bond with the Foundation.
What is the process of conducting the personal interview?
The Foundation shall arrange personal interviews of the candidates shortlisted after the initial screening and aptitude test. The personal interview will be conducted by a panel which will evaluate the students based on technical and non-technical parameters.