The UA2 Urea Dosing System ensures efficient conversion to ammonia and prevention of urea build-up in the system, increasing the durability and reliability of the aftertreatment system. To achieve this, the air-assisted technology provides a smaller uniform urea droplet size through a centerline injection.
- This system allows for the ability to tune engines for improved fuel economy or to reduce the size of the SCR through uniformity index or ammonia slip catalysts.
- In addition to reducing deposit formation, this system provides better performance than competitive systems with improved NOx conversion efficiency for comparative size catalysts.
- The UA2 Urea Dosing System has been designed for easy integration on top of the urea storage tank or on the chassis, minimizing engineering and validation expenses.
- The control module calculates exact dosing rate of urea based on various engine conditions, and urea mixes with air from vehicle compressed air.
- Atomized urea is sent through Injection Nozzle into exhaust system, upstream of the SCR catalyst.
- The design allows urea injection in center of the exhaust gas flow, which minimizes the risk of deposits.
- Its relatively large orifice sizing in the nozzle also provides exceptional tolerance to contaminants.
Aftertreatment Control Module:
- Translates datalink-commanded dosing rates into the supply module inputs, accurately delivering required dosing quantities.
- Independent aftertreatment control module used to control other engineered components in engine or aftertreatment system.