INCAL is a subscription DVD set that has a complete list of current ECM calibrations for INSITE. The DVDs are mailed out, and users can also download updates here. Please be aware these files are very large.
INCAL Downloads Available Online [Large File Sizes]
To sign up for an INCAL Yearly Subscription please contact your local distributor to purchase the appropriate DVD. The standard duration of a INCAL subscription is one year from time of purchase. After one year, the subscription status expires, requiring the user to purchase a new subscription to continue receiving the INCAL DVD in the mail.
PC Drive Requirements
INCAL is available on DVD-ROM disks in two disk formats:
- Single Layer DVD-ROM (4.3GB Capacity)
- Dual Layer Double Density DVD-ROM (8.3GB Capacity)
INCAL DVD Part Numbers
- Full INCAL DVD: 3886398
- SIR INCAL DVD: 4358618*
- RMI INCAL DVD: 4358619**
* SIR (Service Information Regulation): Beginning with the EPA 2013 engine launches, the SIR requires that Cummins Inc. provide the applicable INSITE calibrations to interested parties not affiliated with the Cummins Authorized service channel. The INCAL DVD contains all the MidRange and Heavy-Duty calibrations for EPA 2013 and beyond automotive applications.
** RMI (Repair and Maintenance Information): For heavy duty vehicles, such as buses or trucks, RMI provisions were introduced by co-decision Regulation 595/2009 (Euro VI), the implementing measures were introduced in 64/2012 which requires that Cummins Inc provide the applicable INSITE calibrations to interested parties not affiliated with the Cummins Authorised service channel. The INCAL DVD contains all the MidRange and Heavy-Duty calibrations for Euro VI and beyond automotive applications.
INCAL DVD Lifespan
INCAL DVDs are only valid for seven months from date of release. Calibrations are updated on a regular basis, and newer INCAL DVDs should be used to ensure you have the latest and most accurate calibrations.
DVD Shipping Frequency
Full INCAL DVD
- Release Cycle Months: February, April, June, August, October, December
- Shipping Locations: Global
SIR INCAL DVD
- Release Cycle Months: March, June, September, December
- Shipping Locations: North America Only
Updated Every 2 Months: April 2018 Compatible with 8.1.4 and greater
Disk 1 ZIP Download Size: 7.7 Gb
Disk 2 ZIP Download Size: 7.8 Gb
Disk 3 ZIP Download Size: 7.8 Gb
Disk 4 ZIP Download Size: 503 MB
|Aftertreatment_Diesel_Exhaust_Fluid_Controller.zip||Size: 2.4 Mb||This Database will expire on:
30 Nov 2018
|Aftertreatment_Diesel_Exhaust_Fluid_Dosing_Unit.zip||Size: 1.2 Mb||This Database will expire on:
30 Nov 2018
|Electric_Fuel_Lift_Pump.zip||Size: 165 Kb||This Database will expire on:
30 Nov 2018
|Engine_Fuel_Supply_Pump.zip||Size: 688 Kb||This Database will expire on:
30 Nov 2018
|Turbo_Actuator_Controller.zip||Size: 1.9 Mb||This Database will expire on:
30 Nov 2018
If your vehicle has an OEM engine installed from Case New Holland (CNH), the calibration files are NOT available from Quickserve Online (QSOL). Please check the following text file for the calibration files. If they are listed, you will need to use the version of Insite bundled with the CNH Electronic Service Tool (EST). If you are not a CNH dealer, consult your nearest CNH dealer. Click Here for Calibration Details
This software is not available on mobile. To download for your office or home computer, please return to this page from that device.
Issues and Solutions
A calibration code is used that was downloaded on or after July 26, 2016, from QSOL or the simplified calibration search feature in INSITE. Or the August 2016 INCAL DVD or later is used.
- INSITE 8.1.3 and below
How to Fix:
- Update INSITE to the latest INSITE version 8.1.4 or greater. If the Database Load Failure is still present, please contact Cummins Care for technical support.
A calibration code is used that was downloaded prior to July 26, 2016, from QSOL or the simplified calibration search feature in INSITE. Or an INCAL DVD prior to the August 2016 INCAL DVD is used.
- INSITE 8.1.4 and above
How to Fix:
- Delete the C:\Intelect\INSITE\CalibrationWorkspace\intelect folder or folders elsewhere on your hard drive. (C:\Intelect\ESDN or D:\Intelect\ESDN etc. and delete ESDN folder)
- Download the calibration again from QSOL or using the ECM Code Search feature in INSITE. Or use the August 2016 INCAL DVD or later.
- If the calibration has been downloaded, extract it to the C:\intelect\INSITE\CalibrationWorkspace folder.
If the Database Load Failure is still present, please call our tech support line or email ServiceToolSupport for help.
Questions and Answers
In order to view these inactive ECM code
- Click on Tools > Calibration Selection.
- Uncheck Show Installed Calibrations.
- Uncheck Show Active Calibrations.
To view the replacement calibration, right click on the existing calibration then select View Replacement Calibrations. When INSITE is connected to an ECM, INSITE will locate the replacement calibration when attempting to transfer an inactive calibration to the ECM.
It is recommended not to cancel the calibration download after the final warning screen. Attempting to cancel after the calibration download has started may leave the module in an Invalid, Footprint or ROM boot state. In such case, the ECM needs to be recalibrated in order to function and may require a Calibration Authorization Password.
Certification codes define the name of the agency that provided emissions certification on the calibration. For Example, EPA has been certified by the Environmental Protection Agency to be used in areas that must abide by the EPA certification.
- Select the appropriate Certification Codes.
- Verify that the latest version of INSITE is installed.
- Unzip the zipped calibration file if that is the file format.
Issue: Just downloaded calibration from QSOL, ECM Code Search, or you are accessing a INCAL DVD and the ECM Code you are looking for is not displayed.
Solution: This is most commonly caused by changes in the Certification Codes on the download or INCAL. You will need to do the following:
- Open INSITE
- Select the Database in question
- Select and right click on the database like shown in the image below
- Click to Enlarge Image
- When dialog is displayed Select all Cert codes be added to the right side from the left. (See Image Below)
- Once all the cert codes are displayed in the right column click "Ok"
- Now Refresh the view and your missing calibration should now display.